OfficeMachines.net would like to help you when you are considering purchasing a laminator to protect and preserve your important documents and enhance colour photos and improve your presentations. Below are a few questions to ask yourself to help you choose the correct Laminators that meet your needs.
1. First consider how often will the laminator be used?
- MODERATE USE: Infrequent requirement maybe a few times a month for 1 user
Moderate use pouch laminating machines are designed primarily for infrequent or low volume laminating requirements, perhaps in the home for favourite recipes, photos, and for protecting and securing important documents; great for childrenís homework or project work at school; club or society Information, memberís badges and certificates etc.
- REGULAR USE: Several times a week for 1 to 3 users
Regular use pouch laminating machines are perfect for most small office requirements and the ideal laminating solution for those requiring a slightly longer term protection solution with moderate volume requirements, at a more affordable cost. These regular use machines have features that are designed to create a lasting impression in the business environment, and provide stylish personalised, attention grabbing documents.
- HEAVY USE: Very often, perhaps every day for 3+ users
Heavy use pouch laminating machines cater for larger organisations requiring hard wearing product that produce perfectly laminated documents quickly and efficiently at a reasonable cost. Business professionals tend to require more durable machines for demanding, high volume projects and the models featured within our heavy use section have been vigorously tested many thousands of times, making these machines the perfect choice.
- PROFESSIONAL USE: Commercial Printers, Copy Shops etc
Professional laminating machines meet the requirements of large offices, departments, professional instructions, lamination retail outlets, copy and print shops, signage makers, commercial printers, exhibition graphics suppliers, signage makers and reprographics bureauís. These hard wearing models are built to last with the finest materials perfect for the most exacting users.
- EDUCATIONAL USE: Covering specific requirements
Educational laminators are chosen by OfficeMachines.net to meet the specific requirements and demands of schools, colleges, universities and other teaching establishments and feature machines which are very easy to use by inexperienced users and have unique operating instructions displayed on the front of the machine. Units may be engineered with ultra tough metal body and heavy duty chassis, have specific anti-jam, reverse buttons, and a digital display for accurate temperature selection.
- WIDE FORMAT USE: For Banners, Posters etc
Wide Format Laminating Machines meet the requirements of larger organisations, professional instructions, lamination retail outlets, copy and print shops, signage makers, commercial printers, exhibition graphics suppliers, signage makers and reprographics bureauís. These hard wearing models are built to last with the finest materials perfect for the most exacting users. At Office Machines.net our wide format roll feed range includes A1, AO, 2AO, and 4AO models designed to produce the absolute best quality laminates.
2. Determine what is the maximum size of document you will want to laminate Ė extra wide may require roll lamination?
- ID to A5 Pouch Laminators - For cards or small photos.
- A4 Pouch Laminators - For items up to 210x297mm.
- A3 Pouch or Roll Laminators - For items up to 297x420mm.
- A2 Pouch or Roll Laminators - For items up to 420x594mm.
- A1 to 4A0 Roll Laminators - Generally known as wide format laminators.
3. Consider how much protection your items require as the heaver the weight, the more rigid the pouch thickness is required?
- Light Duty - Pouches 2 x 75 micron per side = total thickness of 150mic.
- Standard Duty - Pouches 2 x 100 micron per side = total thickness of 200mic.
- Medium Duty - Pouches 2 x 125 micron per side = total thickness of 250mic.
- Heavy Duty - Pouches 2 x 175 micron per side = total thickness of 350mic.
- Ultra Heavy Duty - Pouches 2 x 250 micron per side = total thickness of 500mic.
4. What do you require to be laminated?
- Hot Melt Pouch Lamination - The most popular for most traditional items.
- Cold Pouch Lamination - For heat sensitive items.
- Cold Roll Lamination - Professional lamination for heat sensitive items.
- Hot Single Sided Roll Lamination - Professional lamination on a single side.
- Hot Double Sided Roll Lamination - Professional encapsulation (on both sides).
- Cold Roll Sign Lamination - Professional sign lamination for heat sensitive items.
5. Other features to consider...
- Warm Up Time - The quicker the machine heats up, the quicker you can start laminating..
- Variable Throughput Speed - Higher-end pouch laminators have a variable speed for optimum throughput.
- Temperature Control - Higher-end laminators have an adjustable temperature controller for various types of lamination film.
- One Touch Operation - Easy to use with no complicated settings.
- Anti-Jam Function - Reverse, Release and Easi-Access ensure seamless performance and no costly breakdowns.
- Auto Shut Off - Prevents overheating and saves valuable resources.
- Number of Rollers - Generally speaking, the greater the number of rollers, the better the lamination quality.
- Other Points - You should also consider if you require photo quality lamination, easy upright storage, a carry handle and metal construction.